Our support groups provide a private place for individuals to discuss their experiences, share ideas and provide support to one another. BACC groups and activities are voluntary associations of social support and are meant to encourage and inspire one another.
Our support groups include the following. For a full list, check out our event calendar. For more information or to register for these programs, please call the BACC Helpline at (650) 326-6686 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Breast Cancer Newly Diagnosed & In-Treatment: This group is for the unique experience of women newly diagnosed or currently being treated for breast or ovarian cancer. The emotional and practical side effects of treatment will be discussed to support health and well-being throughout treatment. Facilitated by Dorote Lucci, M.A.
- DCIS: This group meets the first Monday of the month. Women diagnosed with ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) often have concerns that are similar—but not identical—to those of women with invasive breast cancers. If you’ve been diagnosed with DCIS and want to connect with others who are facing the same situation, this group will help you address your feelings about the disease, share relevant resources, and find information about treatment options. You may join this group at any point along your cancer journey, whether you are newly diagnosed, in-treatment, or in survivorship. Facilitated by Barbara Kirsch, Ph.D
- Hereditary Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer: This is a group for women who have been diagnosed with stage IV (metastatic) breast cancer. We are a group of women who discuss many topics. Yes, we speak about death and grief, but we also laugh and joke. We share resources, our experiences, and a never-ending list of practical tips to manage things like side effects and tough conversations with family members. Facilitated by Veronica Reis, PhD.
- Online Breast and Ovarian Support Group via Zoom: Every other week. See calendar for dates. Join our Breast and Ovarian Cancer Online Support Group from the comfort of your home, or while taking a break at the office. This is a group for those at any point in their treatment and with any stage of breast or ovarian cancer. We use the Zoom platform for our meetings which you can access through your smartphone or computer, with or without the video option. Facilitated by Dorote Lucci, MA
- Ovarian Cancer Networking Group: This group provides a safe place for women to connect, share their experiences, and feel understood. You’ll learn from each other, and share your thoughts and feelings about living, dying, fears, hopes, and coping skills. Led by Colleen Lam Nguyen, LMFT
- Recovery & Renewal
- Spanish Language Breast Cancer: Este grupo es para las mujeres que han sido diagnosticadas con cáncer del seno que estan
actualmente en tratamiento o para las que han terminado con su tratamiento. ¡Te invitamos a la primera taza de café! Todos los programas y servicios que proporciona Bay Area Cancer Connections son gratuitos. Por favor de llame al (650) 326-6299 ext. 22 para registrarse.
- Young Women's Breast Cancer Group: This is a group for young women (45 and younger) who are in-treatment or who have completed treatment for breast cancer. Facilitated by Colleen Lam Nguyen, LMFT