Bay Area Cancer Connections has specialists on staff that can help you find and understand information about your diagnosis and treatment options. As clients and families become more knowledgeable about cancer, they often find that the fear and anxiety that comes with a diagnosis can be significantly diminished. Our team can work with you to do the following, at no cost:
- Explain your pathology report
- Find appropriate resources to address your medical questions
- Explain standard treatment guidelines
- Navigate our library
- Locate clinical trials
- Explore a personal decision using My Personal Decision Guide
One of our personalized cancer information and education specialists can lead you through any questions you have about your diagnosis.
Erika Bell, Ph.D., holds a Ph.D. in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology from the University of California, San Francisco.
Carly King, M.S., PA-C, received an M.S. in Bioinformatics from
the University of Oregon and an M.S. in Physician Assistant Studies from the Stanford University School of Medicine.
- Mastectomies May Not Improve Survival in Younger Women with Breast Cancer //June 2022
- A New Treatment Option for Low-Grade Serous Ovarian Cancer //April 2022
- Metformin and Breast Cancer // February 2022
- The Oncotype DX Recurrence Score ® Test // December 2021
- Breast Cancer in Trans Men and Trans Women // October 2021
- The COVID-19 Vaccine Elicits an Immune Response in Patients Being Treated for Cancer // August 2021
- Current Approaches to Reduce the Overtreatment of DCIS // June 2021
- The COVID-19 Vaccine Can Affect Your Screening Mammogram // April 2021
- NCCN COVID-19 Vaccination Advisory Committee Recommendations // February 2021