Bay Area Cancer Connections supports anyone affected by breast or ovarian cancer with personalized services that inform and empower.
Organizational Statement of Core Values
- We base all our interactions on the foundation of “how can I help?”
- We recognize and value the fundamental differences and dignity of all individuals.
- We strive to continuously create an inclusive environment that respects and honors diversity, and empowers our clients, volunteers, staff, and greater community to make positive changes in their own lives and those of others.
- We follow a zero tolerance policy when it comes to discrimination and harassment.
- In order to carry out our mission, we work together to achieve what might not be possible alone.
- We aspire to bring a collaborative spirit and strategy to all that we do, learning from others and sharing what others can learn from us.
- We believe that our behavior and our actions need to reflect positively on the organization, and the community.
- We honor the integrity and worth of each person by respecting and valuing all individuals for their diverse experiences, styles, and ideas, thus empowering each person to do and be their best.
- We act honestly, truthfully, and with integrity in all of our transactions and dealings.
- We build enduring relationships based on respect, responsiveness, and trust.
- We steward BACC’s physical and financial resources with care.
- We are accountable for our work, our actions, our attitude and our results; we learn from our mistakes.
- We are committed to helping achieve the success and well-being of our colleagues, organization, and our greater community.
- We work hard for continuous improvement, increasing our knowledge and experience.
- We value work-life harmony and embrace growth and development.
- We value doing all of the above within a positive, energizing, and fun atmosphere.
- We believe in clear, intentional, and effective communication and feedback.
- We believe in being honest, transparent, and open in our communications.
- We respect the confidentiality of any information or opinions that are shared in confidence.
- We seek and provide honest feedback in an atmosphere of trust and respect.
- We value and promote the reputation of BACC.